This page provides some links to other websites and further information that you may find useful and helpful. Please note that rethink counselling services has no affiliation with any of the sites listed here: they are information sources only.
- The Public Health Agency of Canada's Depression page: information about depression and a set of additional useful links.
Survivors of Abuse
- 1in6: a great website providing information and support aimed at men who have had unwanted sexual experiences, and their partners, friends, and family.
- xris.com: Chris Kreussling's wonderful resource-rich website about sexual abuse, with many references and links for male survivors.
Addictions and Substance Abuse
- Angels Community Support Network: a website where you can find up-to-date recovery news, information and help with addictions and aftercare.
- Canadian Centre on Substance Abuse: Call rethink (604.803.2600) if you have questions about substance abuse. We have a broad range of experience in this field and can help you to obtain a referral for treatment, as well as explain the role of counselling in substance abuse treatment and recovery.
Human Sexuality Issues
- sexualityandu.ca: the ultimate Canadian website devoted to sexuality education and information. This site provides credible and reliable information on many topics related to sexuality.
- Libida: an online catalog and store featuring information on sex toys, book, videos. This site is primarily aimed at women but is also useful for men.
- Little Sisters Bookstore: a gay and lesbian bookstore in downtown Vancouver BC, with a wide array of resources plus online shopping for sexually-related merchandise.
- Come as you are: Canada’s first cooperatively run sex-toy, book, and video store.
- Babeland: Seattle’s hippest sex store.
General Links to Mental Health sites
- Mental Health Resources: covers a range of mental health issues.
- Mental Health Links by Dr. Bob: you’ll find a wide-ranging list of mental health links on this website, including links to many organizations, and lots of information on medications and drug interactions.
- NEDIC: the National Eating Disorder Information Centre is a non-profit organization dedicated to educating, informing and advocating support for disordered eating.
Divorce and Separation Information
- Millenniumdivorce.com: provides divorce information and help, developed and written by divorce lawyers and family law attorneys to answer your questions.
- Collaborative Divorce BC: the alternative to a ‘nasty’ divorce is to create a collaborative separation, which seeks to minimize the negative economic, social, and emotional consequences of traditional family law litigation. Teams of professionals work together with family members towards a more positive outcome. The process depends on the unique needs and circumstances of each family.
- Divorceinfo: great information and links about how to handle divorce and how to cope with children’s fears and questions.
- Helpguide on children and divorce: a useful website page concerning how to help children deal with divorce or separation. Also a great resource for other areas.
Violence, Families, Youth, and Support
- Battered Women's Support Services: information on support groups and other services for women who have suffered abuse in their relationships. BWSS operates from a feminist perspective.
- B.C. Ministry of Children and Family Development: information on a range of programs and services to children, youth, parents, families, people with special needs, and those fighting addictions.
Free 30 minute consultation
If you're not sure about counselling, or about rethink, I offer a free 30-minute consultation. I don't ask for any commitment: you just need to show up, ask questions, and determine whether you feel comfortable.
If you'd like to book a 30 minute session, call 604.803.2600.
Book an appointment
- Call me at 604.803.2600
- Send me an email
All contacts are confidential.
If you call and reach my voice mail please leave a message, and I'll call you back (usually within one hour).