On this page you will find some useful links to other websites and further information. Please note that rethink counselling services has no affiliation with any of the sites listed here: they are informative sources only.
- The Public Health Agency of Canada's Depression page: information about depression and a set of additional useful links.
Survivors of Abuse
- 1in6: a great website providing information and support aimed at men who have had unwanted sexual experiences, and their partners, friends, and family.
- xris.com: Chris Kreussling's wonderful resource-rich website about sexual abuse, with many references and links for male survivors.
Addictions and Substance Abuse
- Angels Community Support Network: a website where you can find up-to-date recovery news, information and help with addictions and aftercare.
- Canadian Centre on Substance Abuse: Call rethink (604.803.2600) if you have questions about substance abuse. We have a broad range of experience in this field and can help you to obtain a referral for treatment, as well as explain the role of counselling in substance abuse treatment and recovery.
Human Sexuality Issues
- sexualityandu.ca: the ultimate Canadian website devoted to sexuality education and information. This site provides credible and reliable information on many topics related to sexuality.
- Libida: an online catalog and store featuring information on sex toys, book, videos. This site is primarily aimed at women but is also useful for men.
- Little Sisters Bookstore: a gay and lesbian bookstore in downtown Vancouver BC, with a wide array of resources plus online shopping for sexually-related merchandise.
- Come as you are: Canada's first cooperatively run sex-toy, book, and video store.
- Babeland: Seattle's hippest sex store.
General Links to Mental Health sites
- Mental Health Resources: covers a range of mental health issues.
- Mental Health Links by Dr. Bob: you'll find a wide-ranging list of mental health links on this website, including links to many organizations, and lots of information on medications and drug interactions.
- NEDIC: the National Eating Disorder Information Centre is a non-profit organization dedicated to educating, informing and advocating support for disordered eating.
Divorce and Separation Information
- Millenniumdivorce.com: provides divorce information and help, developed and written by divorce lawyers and family law attorneys to answer your questions.
- Collaborative Divorce BC: the alternative to a ‘nasty’ divorce is to create a collaborative separation, which seeks to minimize the negative economic, social, and emotional consequences of traditional family law litigation. Teams of professionals work together with family members towards a more positive outcome. The process depends on the unique needs and circumstances of each family.
- Divorceinfo: great information and links about how to handle divorce and how to cope with children’s fears and questions.
- Helpguide on children and divorce: a useful website page concerning how to help children deal with divorce or separation. Also a great resource for other areas.
Violence, Families, Youth, and Support
- Battered Women's Support Services: information on support groups and other services for women who have suffered abuse in their relationships. BWSS operates from a feminist perspective.
- B.C. Ministry of Children and Family Development: information on a range of programs and services to children, youth, parents, families, people with special needs, and those fighting addictions.